All Saints' and St. Nicholas' Churches
Church of England
Poplar, Tower Hamlets, London E14
St Nick’s has had a very unusual history. It was built in 1955 and designed by the architects Seely and Paget. In 1969 it was closed and turned into a vinyl record warehouse. In the 1990’s St Nicks’ became the centre for a great deal of community-work and in 1998 the church was re-opened as a place of worship. It was formally re-dedicated in 2000. The church and hall have now been re-furbished.
We’d be delighted if you’d like to come and see it for yourself.
St Nicholas' Church - Aberfeldy
Some time ago ‘St Nicholas and All Hallows, East India Docks’ was given the nickname ‘St Nick’s’ and that’s how it’s known locally. So welcome to St Nick’s! The Parish of Poplar has two churches: All Saints which is the Parish Church and St Nick’s which is a daughter church.
St Nick’s is on the corner of Aberfeldy Street and Dee Street, just off Abbott Road which can be reached either from the southbound Blackwall Tunnel Road, or from the A13 (going East) turning left into Abbott Road at the traffic lights. Note that the 309 bus stops outside the Church front door.
We have communion services at 11am on Sundays, 7pm on Thursdays and 10.00am on Fridays. There’s also a Sunday School during the Sunday service and we welcome children to our worship. In fact we welcome everyone! So please come and join us one day either for worship or just to see the building and the activities that take place here.